Located in the Atlas mountains in Marrakech, is Kasbah Bab Ourika. The most picturesque, gorgeous and serene landscape I ever did see. With rolling hills, mountain peaks, a river and groves of olives, oranges and lemons, this place is absolute heaven.
I always preach about how important it is to reconnect with nature and ground yourself to the earth. I could not think of a better example of this then Kasbah Bab Ourika. Nature is incorporated in so many ways, from the endless views, to the abundance of greenery and natural sunlight all the way to the finer details of natural tiles.
5 ways to bring Kasbah Bab Ourika
into your home
- Invest in a gorgeous Persian/Turkish rug. These rugs are so practical - they are super easy to care for and will last for years and years. Splurge on the real deal or get a cost-effective, cheaper replica to add that extra dimension into the space.
- Pouf Party! Poufs are the perfect accessory. I always love incorporating them into a living room as an option instead of an arm chair. The perfect way to make you and your guests feel right at home.
- Go with a handmade tile. It is no secret that I am passionate about handmade tiles. They have the power to connect you to the earth and bring character, warmth and soul into a space. Check out my PASSION and other business - Tiles of Ezra, for best quality handmade Moroccan tiles! These tiles really are the best coming out of Morocco. And we ship worldwide - JUST SAYIN' :)
- Greenery and Terracotta Pots. Terracotta pots are my "secret agent" - they (much to many of my client's surprise) work seamlessly in any space, and in particular modern homes!
- Cushion the blow. Bring in a mix of bold, bright colours and patterns with your cushions. You'd be surprised at how well they will work together and bring charm to your home, especially if much of the space is neutral.
Check out the vid below to see some of my highlights from this magical space!
Have you visited this little piece of heaven? Let me know your Morocco must sees in the comments below!